Police warn of teens eating vodka gummy bears
HOLLISTER, Calif. (KGO) -- A police department is warning parents about a new method teens are using to consume alcohol.
Hollister police have posted a warning on their Facebook page about kids getting drunk by soaking gummy bears in vodka. The practice has gained popularity thanks in large part to tutorials found on YouTube.
The booze-bears are pretty much odorless and take a day or two to make. The real danger is that many teens don't realize how much alcohol they're actually ingesting, getting drunk dangerously fast when they eat them like, candy.
This has turned into a nationwide problem.
alcohol, children, california news
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward 3 min ago
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday