Power goes out for 9,600 customers in Monterey
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- On Friday night the power went out at 7:12 p.m. for 9,667 customers for at least three hours.
It was caused by an overhead equipment failure. The outage affected Cannery Row, New Monterey, Pacific Grove, and Point Pinos.
PG&E crews restored power by midnight.
monterey county, power outage, california news
- Secret Service investigating Target hack
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos