Power goes out for 9,600 customers in Monterey
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- On Friday night the power went out at 7:12 p.m. for 9,667 customers for at least three hours.
It was caused by an overhead equipment failure. The outage affected Cannery Row, New Monterey, Pacific Grove, and Point Pinos.
PG&E crews restored power by midnight.
monterey county, power outage, california news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday