App helps veterans find services, benefits
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- It's now easier for veterans to find services and benefits because "there's an app for that."
The California Department of Veterans Affairs introduced the application Friday in Sacramento. Called "Calvet," the app is for Androids and iPhones. The hope is that the more tech-savvy vets can use the app to find help for them and their families.
State officials say there are 2 million veterans living in California. Counting their families, officials say that makes up to 9 million people they would like to reach.
android, iphone, apps, veterans day, smartphones, jobs, california news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer 6 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday