Occupy protesters hatch plan for Rose Parade float
PASADENA, Calif. (KGO) -- Occupy protesters are planning to put their own float in Monday's Rose Parade.
The float won't look anything like the ones from the 2010 parade. Protest organizers say activists plan to carry a 70-foot long octopus puppet made of recycled bags.
The Occupy protesters are targeting the Rose Parade because members claim it reflects the growing corporate influence and military budget in the nation.
The Rose Parade airs Monday at 8 a.m on ABC7.
occupy wall street, southern california, california news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 7 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire 26 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
59 min ago