Occupy protesters hatch plan for Rose Parade float
PASADENA, Calif. (KGO) -- Occupy protesters are planning to put their own float in Monday's Rose Parade.
The float won't look anything like the ones from the 2010 parade. Protest organizers say activists plan to carry a 70-foot long octopus puppet made of recycled bags.
The Occupy protesters are targeting the Rose Parade because members claim it reflects the growing corporate influence and military budget in the nation.
The Rose Parade airs Monday at 8 a.m on ABC7.
occupy wall street, southern california, california news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey 35 min ago
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday