Occupy protesters hatch plan for Rose Parade float
PASADENA, Calif. (KGO) -- Occupy protesters are planning to put their own float in Monday's Rose Parade.
The float won't look anything like the ones from the 2010 parade. Protest organizers say activists plan to carry a 70-foot long octopus puppet made of recycled bags.
The Occupy protesters are targeting the Rose Parade because members claim it reflects the growing corporate influence and military budget in the nation.
The Rose Parade airs Monday at 8 a.m on ABC7.
occupy wall street, southern california, california news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 51
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda 1 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized 5 min ago
- 16-year-old killed in San Jose bike accident 15 min ago
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday