Los Angeles teen fights off attacker
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- Police in Los Angeles are looking for a suspect caught on surveillance video trying to rob an 18-year-old girl.
Jane Santamaria, a 4'11", 110-pound woman relentlessly tried to fight off her 180-pound attacker. The suspect punched her in the face several times, knocking her to the floor and got away with her phone.
Police say Jane's instinct to fight was not wise. They say victims should give up their property and not risk injury or death. Jane says she learned a lesson and admits she should not have fought and knows things could have been much worse.
los angeles, crime, california news
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Multi-vehicle crash blocking lanes on Bay Bridge 45 min ago
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos