Gas leak blamed for Sacramento home explosion
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Investigators believe a gas leak is to blame for an explosion that tore through a Sacramento-area home Wednesday morning.
The blast triggered a fire that gutted the North Highlands home just after 3 pm. The damage is so bad, the whole house may have to be torn down. Fortunately, no one was hurt. The family is out-of-town.
Firefighters say they found a leak in the dining room-living room area.
sacramento, gas leak, california news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday