Speed Freak Killer reveals third well
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The surviving member of the Speed Freak Killers claims he and his accomplice buried victims in a third San Joaquin County well that authorities didn't know about.
That's according to the Sacramento bounty hunter who convinced Wesley Shermantine to reveal the locations of his victims.
Leonard Padilla told ABC7 Monday night that Shermantine told him about the new well on Sunday.
Some 1,000 human bones from as many as 30 victims of the killing spree in the 80s and 90s have already been recovered from a well in the town of Linden.
Last week, searchers used dogs to check out a second well.
speed freak killers, california news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 50 min ago
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 27 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery 15 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday