Speed Freak Killer reveals third well
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The surviving member of the Speed Freak Killers claims he and his accomplice buried victims in a third San Joaquin County well that authorities didn't know about.
That's according to the Sacramento bounty hunter who convinced Wesley Shermantine to reveal the locations of his victims.
Leonard Padilla told ABC7 Monday night that Shermantine told him about the new well on Sunday.
Some 1,000 human bones from as many as 30 victims of the killing spree in the 80s and 90s have already been recovered from a well in the town of Linden.
Last week, searchers used dogs to check out a second well.
speed freak killers, california news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting 55 min ago
- Police investigate shootings that hospitalized two men 38 min ago
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations 27 min ago
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges 9 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday