Lawmaker proposes proof of insurance on phones
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Shuffling through your glove compartment for your registration could be a thing of the past.
A state lawmaker has introduced a bill giving you the option of putting your proof of insurance and vehicle registration on your smartphone, or any other personal electronic device.
The bill would authorize auto-insurance providers to issue insurance documentation in electronic form, and let the Department of Motor Vehicles do the same thing with registration papers.
insurance, california news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 17 min ago
- Rally to be held to mark anniversary of Japan quake 1 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 19 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 31 min ago
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested 10 min ago
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos