Lawmaker proposes proof of insurance on phones
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Shuffling through your glove compartment for your registration could be a thing of the past.
A state lawmaker has introduced a bill giving you the option of putting your proof of insurance and vehicle registration on your smartphone, or any other personal electronic device.
The bill would authorize auto-insurance providers to issue insurance documentation in electronic form, and let the Department of Motor Vehicles do the same thing with registration papers.
insurance, california news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos