3 people died in ski accidents over weekend
TAHOE, Calif. (KGO) -- Three people died in ski or snowboarding accidents over the past 48 hours. A snowboarder was found in a tree well at Sugar Bowl Monday afternoon after getting separated from friends.
On Sunday a 30-year-old snowboarder fell face-first at China Peak Resort and couldn't dig himself out. A third man died skiing at Sierra at Tahoe.
He was 54-year-old Yiwei Hu of Gold River in Sacramento County who was killed after falling into a hole created by an underflow of water.
sierra, ski resorts, california news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 1 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 24 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos