3 people died in ski accidents over weekend
TAHOE, Calif. (KGO) -- Three people died in ski or snowboarding accidents over the past 48 hours. A snowboarder was found in a tree well at Sugar Bowl Monday afternoon after getting separated from friends.
On Sunday a 30-year-old snowboarder fell face-first at China Peak Resort and couldn't dig himself out. A third man died skiing at Sierra at Tahoe.
He was 54-year-old Yiwei Hu of Gold River in Sacramento County who was killed after falling into a hole created by an underflow of water.
sierra, ski resorts, california news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta 20 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Drought prompts officials to release water...
20 min ago