3 people died in ski accidents over weekend
TAHOE, Calif. (KGO) -- Three people died in ski or snowboarding accidents over the past 48 hours. A snowboarder was found in a tree well at Sugar Bowl Monday afternoon after getting separated from friends.
On Sunday a 30-year-old snowboarder fell face-first at China Peak Resort and couldn't dig himself out. A third man died skiing at Sierra at Tahoe.
He was 54-year-old Yiwei Hu of Gold River in Sacramento County who was killed after falling into a hole created by an underflow of water.
sierra, ski resorts, california news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
1 min ago