Mega Millions odds less than being struck by lightning
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- No one picked all six numbers in Friday's Mega Millions drawing, so the jackpot has grown to $356 million. The odds of winning are one in 175 million.
According to a book by CSU East Bay Professor Mike Orkin, the odds of being on a plane with a drunken pilot are one in 117; odds of being struck by lightning -- one in 576,000; odds of dating a supermodel - 88,000 to one - but those odds of dating a super model would likely improve if you won that Mega Millions jackpot.
lottery, california news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday