Mega Millions odds less than being struck by lightning
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- No one picked all six numbers in Friday's Mega Millions drawing, so the jackpot has grown to $356 million. The odds of winning are one in 175 million.
According to a book by CSU East Bay Professor Mike Orkin, the odds of being on a plane with a drunken pilot are one in 117; odds of being struck by lightning -- one in 576,000; odds of dating a supermodel - 88,000 to one - but those odds of dating a super model would likely improve if you won that Mega Millions jackpot.
lottery, california news
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 58 min ago
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery 5 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 43 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting 11 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 42 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief 49 min ago
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 30 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
20 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
43 min ago