Salinas High School counselor faces 15 additional sex charges
SALINAS, Calif. (KGO) -- A Salinas High School drug counselor is facing almost twice as many sex charges as originally filed.
Last week, 34-year-old Gilbert Olivares pleaded not guilty to 19 charges, including making child pornography. Salinas police want to add 15 more.
Investigators say Olivares told students where they could have sex in his office and when, but he never told them he was recording their activities. He did not participate.
Also, Olivares is also being charged for the inappropriate touching of a 14-year-old male student.
salinas, monterey county, california news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos