Nevada bans bear hunting at Lake Tahoe
LAKE TAHOE (KGO) -- The Nevada Wildlife Commission has voted to ban bear hunting at Lake Tahoe.
Last year, Nevada also began to allow bear hunting, touching off huge public outcry around Lake Tahoe where there is a lot of potential for conflict between hunters and hikers.
Wildlife Department Video shows how they scare bears away from populated areas.
So now, bear hunting is banned on the Nevada side of the Lake. It is still legal on the California side, but hunters in our state tend to go elsewhere.
animal, animals in peril, lake tahoe, california news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos