Nevada bans bear hunting at Lake Tahoe
LAKE TAHOE (KGO) -- The Nevada Wildlife Commission has voted to ban bear hunting at Lake Tahoe.
Last year, Nevada also began to allow bear hunting, touching off huge public outcry around Lake Tahoe where there is a lot of potential for conflict between hunters and hikers.
Wildlife Department Video shows how they scare bears away from populated areas.
So now, bear hunting is banned on the Nevada side of the Lake. It is still legal on the California side, but hunters in our state tend to go elsewhere.
animal, animals in peril, lake tahoe, california news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge 23 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday