Nevada bans bear hunting at Lake Tahoe
LAKE TAHOE (KGO) -- The Nevada Wildlife Commission has voted to ban bear hunting at Lake Tahoe.
Last year, Nevada also began to allow bear hunting, touching off huge public outcry around Lake Tahoe where there is a lot of potential for conflict between hunters and hikers.
Wildlife Department Video shows how they scare bears away from populated areas.
So now, bear hunting is banned on the Nevada side of the Lake. It is still legal on the California side, but hunters in our state tend to go elsewhere.
animal, animals in peril, lake tahoe, california news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday