Nevada bans bear hunting at Lake Tahoe
LAKE TAHOE (KGO) -- The Nevada Wildlife Commission has voted to ban bear hunting at Lake Tahoe.
Last year, Nevada also began to allow bear hunting, touching off huge public outcry around Lake Tahoe where there is a lot of potential for conflict between hunters and hikers.
Wildlife Department Video shows how they scare bears away from populated areas.
So now, bear hunting is banned on the Nevada side of the Lake. It is still legal on the California side, but hunters in our state tend to go elsewhere.
animal, animals in peril, lake tahoe, california news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 53 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 22 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault 38 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos