Charges pile up for Salinas High School counselor
SALINAS, Calif. (KGO) -- Sex charges are continuing to pile up against a former Salinas High School counselor Thursday. Gilbert Olivares, 34, is accused of filming students having sex in his office last year.
Prosecutors submitted an amended complaint against Olivares that increases the counts against him to 53.
The new charges include lewd acts upon a child and manufacturing pornography. Authorities say Olivares used a hidden cellphone to film students having sex while he was out of the office.
salinas, california news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos