Charges pile up for Salinas High School counselor
SALINAS, Calif. (KGO) -- Sex charges are continuing to pile up against a former Salinas High School counselor Thursday. Gilbert Olivares, 34, is accused of filming students having sex in his office last year.
Prosecutors submitted an amended complaint against Olivares that increases the counts against him to 53.
The new charges include lewd acts upon a child and manufacturing pornography. Authorities say Olivares used a hidden cellphone to film students having sex while he was out of the office.
salinas, california news
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 34 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 19 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief 25 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 18 min ago
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 6 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
19 min ago