Charges pile up for Salinas High School counselor
SALINAS, Calif. (KGO) -- Sex charges are continuing to pile up against a former Salinas High School counselor Thursday. Gilbert Olivares, 34, is accused of filming students having sex in his office last year.
Prosecutors submitted an amended complaint against Olivares that increases the counts against him to 53.
The new charges include lewd acts upon a child and manufacturing pornography. Authorities say Olivares used a hidden cellphone to film students having sex while he was out of the office.
salinas, california news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery 45 min ago
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped 19 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 10 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code 12 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos