Teen hero finds missing woman in Carmel Valley
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A 17-year-old high school senior is being called a hero tonight after finding a missing woman.
On Monday Janice Marasco, 54, did not return from walking her dog. Marasco suffers from early-onset dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
She was found Thursday morning by Nicole Rehder off Robinson Canyon Road in Carmel Valley, suffering from dehydration.
Rehder, a volunteer with the Marin County Search and Rescue Team, says it's an incredible feeling saving a life.
monterey county, missing person, california news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 40 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 18 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 10 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan