Teen hero finds missing woman in Carmel Valley
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A 17-year-old high school senior is being called a hero tonight after finding a missing woman.
On Monday Janice Marasco, 54, did not return from walking her dog. Marasco suffers from early-onset dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
She was found Thursday morning by Nicole Rehder off Robinson Canyon Road in Carmel Valley, suffering from dehydration.
Rehder, a volunteer with the Marin County Search and Rescue Team, says it's an incredible feeling saving a life.
monterey county, missing person, california news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos