Teen hero finds missing woman in Carmel Valley
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A 17-year-old high school senior is being called a hero tonight after finding a missing woman.
On Monday Janice Marasco, 54, did not return from walking her dog. Marasco suffers from early-onset dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
She was found Thursday morning by Nicole Rehder off Robinson Canyon Road in Carmel Valley, suffering from dehydration.
Rehder, a volunteer with the Marin County Search and Rescue Team, says it's an incredible feeling saving a life.
monterey county, missing person, california news
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies 47 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos