Teen hero finds missing woman in Carmel Valley
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A 17-year-old high school senior is being called a hero tonight after finding a missing woman.
On Monday Janice Marasco, 54, did not return from walking her dog. Marasco suffers from early-onset dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
She was found Thursday morning by Nicole Rehder off Robinson Canyon Road in Carmel Valley, suffering from dehydration.
Rehder, a volunteer with the Marin County Search and Rescue Team, says it's an incredible feeling saving a life.
monterey county, missing person, california news
- Boy's body found at the bottom of a canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event 43 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 49 min ago
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued 25 min ago
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- Missing elderly Palo Alto woman with Alzheimer's found 55 min ago
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 19 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
16 min ago
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial...
43 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T...
49 min ago