Teen hero finds missing woman in Carmel Valley
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A 17-year-old high school senior is being called a hero tonight after finding a missing woman.
On Monday Janice Marasco, 54, did not return from walking her dog. Marasco suffers from early-onset dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
She was found Thursday morning by Nicole Rehder off Robinson Canyon Road in Carmel Valley, suffering from dehydration.
Rehder, a volunteer with the Marin County Search and Rescue Team, says it's an incredible feeling saving a life.
monterey county, missing person, california news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future 21 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 37 min ago
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos