Missing UC Santa Cruz student found in Yosemite
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- A UC Santa Cruz student who went missing during a student camping trip in Yosemite has been found safe and is in good condition.
Twenty-two-year-old John Paul Chaufan Field was last seen Saturday near Kibbie Lake in the Hetch Hetchy area of the park. He was located Monday afternoon approximately five miles from where he was last seen.
Chaufan Field was spotted by a helicopter search team. He is being transported from the backcountry to the Hetch Hetchy Ranger Station.
yosemite, uc santa cruz, missing person, california news
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies 58 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos