Missing UC Santa Cruz student found in Yosemite
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- A UC Santa Cruz student who went missing during a student camping trip in Yosemite has been found safe and is in good condition.
Twenty-two-year-old John Paul Chaufan Field was last seen Saturday near Kibbie Lake in the Hetch Hetchy area of the park. He was located Monday afternoon approximately five miles from where he was last seen.
Chaufan Field was spotted by a helicopter search team. He is being transported from the backcountry to the Hetch Hetchy Ranger Station.
yosemite, uc santa cruz, missing person, california news
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 43 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 10 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup 51 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 59 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
59 min ago
- Frigid temps cause pipes to burst, heaters...
12 min ago