Dad home early from Iraq, surprises son at graduation
A Shasta County teen got a very special graduation surprise, his soldier returned home early from Iraq to present his son with his diploma.
Army Sergeant Christopher Dawson has been in Iraq since last July. He was supposed to come home later this month. His son Zachariah thought he was only going to see his dad via satellite. Instead, his dad caught him by surprise by being at his graduation ceremony.
The Dawsons plan to spend graduation weekend barbequing and enjoying time with each other.
army, iraq, california news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire 3 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Best methods for brewing coffee at home
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos