Dad home early from Iraq, surprises son at graduation
A Shasta County teen got a very special graduation surprise, his soldier returned home early from Iraq to present his son with his diploma.
Army Sergeant Christopher Dawson has been in Iraq since last July. He was supposed to come home later this month. His son Zachariah thought he was only going to see his dad via satellite. Instead, his dad caught him by surprise by being at his graduation ceremony.
The Dawsons plan to spend graduation weekend barbequing and enjoying time with each other.
army, iraq, california news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 58 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 26 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire 14 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
47 min ago