Los Angeles man becomes US citizen at 102
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- A Los Angeles area man waited a while to make it official, but he just became an American citizen at the age of 102.
Joaquin Arciago Guzman is in rare company. Only 27 people have become U.S. citizens after turning 100-years-old in the last 50 years. Arciago Guzman's journey to citizenship included a few moves between his native Philippines and the U.S. His family came to America for good in 1984.
His wife and two adult children then became citizens, but it remains a family mystery why he didn't do so then.
los angeles, california news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 14 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer 48 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation 46 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos