Cat ancestry test traces lineage of your feline
A new genetic test may have pet owners asking, "Who's your cat daddy?"
The Feline Genetics Laboratory at UC Davis has created an ancestry test for cats. The test costs $120 and requires you to send in a cheek swab of your cat. Results are back within 10 to 15 days.
Researchers promise the test will determine which of the eight major cat racial groups your feline belongs to, as well as which of 29 breeds.
You can order the test online through the UC Davis Veterinary Medicine website.
animal, uc davis, california news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 29 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday