Cat ancestry test traces lineage of your feline
A new genetic test may have pet owners asking, "Who's your cat daddy?"
The Feline Genetics Laboratory at UC Davis has created an ancestry test for cats. The test costs $120 and requires you to send in a cheek swab of your cat. Results are back within 10 to 15 days.
Researchers promise the test will determine which of the eight major cat racial groups your feline belongs to, as well as which of 29 breeds.
You can order the test online through the UC Davis Veterinary Medicine website.
animal, uc davis, california news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF 4 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party 29 min ago
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos