Monterey Bay Aquarium's sea otter 'Super Mom' dies
MONTEREY, Calif. (KGO) -- The Monterey Bay Aquarium announced the death of Joy the otter, better known as Super Mom, Thursday morning.
Joy was very noticeable at the aquarium because of her blonde head. She got the name Super Mom because she raised 16 stranded sea otter pups, more than any otter in captivity.
Joy was a stranded pup herself and found in 1998 at Twin Lakes State Beach in Santa Cruz.
She was 14 years old and died of old age.
monterey county, monterey bay aquarium, animal, california news
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Tech companies detail federal requests for data
- City says 'parklet' in Haight-Ashbury must go 2 min ago
- Man arrested after fatal crash in San Jose
- 2 wildfires burning in Central Sierra foothills
- Charges filed against man in naked BART attack
- Caltrain reopens after police talk man off ledge
- Bicyclist struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
- Patient attacks nurse at Napa State Hospital
- SF taxi driver chokes, robs passenger over tip
- Flooding renews call for new Oakland A's stadium
- abcnews: Putin accused of stealing Super Bowl ring
- roundup: Burglaries in Livermore; Cabbie robs fare
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- State lawmakers look at passing limo safety...
26 min ago