DMV computer services have been restored after a statewide outage
DMV computer services have been restored after an outage that lasted throughout the morning.
There was a communication issue between a DMV router and Verizon. The California Technology Agency (OTech) with the DMV and Verizon to help resolve the issue. Many appointments were rescheduled for tomorrow. Drive tests still happened during the outage and employees assisted people with paperwork at local offices.
Also today, AT&T made some changes to a circuit that cut off access and is affecting many state agencies. (OTech) is working with them to undo that change and get things up and running again.
DMV, california news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 37 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes 24 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 11 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos