Turtle duct-taped to balloons rescued from tree
Humane Society officials in San Diego County are trying to find whoever duct-taped a turtle to a bunch of balloons.
Luckily the balloons got caught in a tree. But the poor turtle was swaying back and forth until it was cut down.
One woman said her daughter saw who did it. "She saw some adults over here holding the balloons and let the balloons go," Chanelle Wright said. "And as it passed them she thought it was a toy turtle."
The turtle is fine but did suffer quite a scare. Whoever did the duct-taping could be charged with animal cruelty.
There's a big list now of people who want to adopt the turtle.
animal, animals in peril, rescue, california news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 8 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 10 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families 45 min ago
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to...
45 min ago