Man loses leg in crash after stealing LAPD cruiser
A man who stole a police cruiser in Los Angeles Friday morning is in critical condition after losing his leg in a horrific crash.
The stolen squad car was demolished after slamming in to a Starbucks and a light pole in the mid-city section of Los Angeles.
The car was stolen at about 4 a.m. as officers responded to a robbery call. Police say the driver took off and traveled at speeds of up to 100 miles per hour before the crash.
los angeles, southern california, crash, crime, california news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 39 min ago
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults 43 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos