Man loses leg in crash after stealing LAPD cruiser
A man who stole a police cruiser in Los Angeles Friday morning is in critical condition after losing his leg in a horrific crash.
The stolen squad car was demolished after slamming in to a Starbucks and a light pole in the mid-city section of Los Angeles.
The car was stolen at about 4 a.m. as officers responded to a robbery call. Police say the driver took off and traveled at speeds of up to 100 miles per hour before the crash.
los angeles, southern california, crash, crime, california news
- 6-year-old Union City boy mauled by dog 37 min ago
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Muni driver honored for actions after shooting
- City says 'parklet' in Haight-Ashbury must go
- Man arrested after fatal crash in San Jose
- 2 wildfires burning in Central Sierra foothills
- Charges filed against man in naked BART attack
- Caltrain reopens after police talk man off ledge
- Bicyclist struck, killed by hit-and-run driver 18 min ago
- Patient attacks nurse at Napa State Hospital
- Flooding renews call for new Oakland A's stadium
- abcnews: Putin accused of stealing Super Bowl ring
- roundup: Burglaries in Livermore; Cabbie robs fare
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday