Hantavirus warning prompts lodging cancellations at Yosemite
FRESNO, Calif. -- The hantavirus warning has hit Yosemite National Park hard Labor Day weekend.
Operators say there was a 20 percent cancellation rate for lodging in the park. Yosemite is typically sold out for Labor Day weekend. Most of the cancellations were in Curry Village where officials say as many as 10,000 campers could have been exposed to the virus this summer.
Six cases of hantavirus with two deaths have been linked to the campground at Yosemite.
yosemite, california news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 24 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown