Newsom may run for Calif. governor in 2014
SACRAMENTO (KGO) -- The nation may be focused on November's presidential election, but former San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom is already looking at the race for California governor two years from now.
The Lieutenant Governor says he will run for the state's top spot in 2014, but only if Jerry Brown does not seek re-election.
Newsom is at Democratic National Convention, but he did not get a speaking role. Potential rivals like Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Attorney General Kamala Harris did get time at the podium.
gavin newsom, jerry brown, gubernatorial race, sacramento, california news
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review 19 min ago
- Missing 3-year-old Hayward boy found
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom 45 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday