Paul Ryan makes campaign stop in Bay Area
DANVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan spent the day raising campaign cash in California, and made a couple stops in the Bay Area.
The Wisconsin congressman was the guest of honor at a breakfast fundraiser at the Danville home of former 49er Brent Jones and his wifeRyan then headed to Google headquarters in Mountain View and held an online chat with supporters. He took questions from supporters about a number of issues, including the economy, "We want economic growth, we want opportunity," said Ryan. "We want an opportunity society where everybody can make the most of their life. Where they can tap their potential. Where nothing stands in their way."
Ryan wrapped up the day with a fundraising dinner at the Fresno Convention Center.
paul ryan, republicans, california news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 59 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos