Yosemite officials extend Hantavirus warning after third death
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Hantavirus scare at Yosemite National park is growing.
Officials have now extended their initial warning from Curry Village to tents at the parks High Sierra Camp, a popular hiking area.
The warning comes after an eighth person who visited the park came down with the disease. That person stayed at those high-country camps.
Yosemite has also sent out warnings to an additional 12,000 park visitors who stayed at those tents. They're being told to watch for Hantavirus symptoms that could develop in the next month. So far, three people have died from the disease.
yosemite, california news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos