Increase in Stockton gold jewelry robberies
STOCKTON, Calif. (KGO) -- Stockton police are on the alert after seven people were robbed of gold jewelry Monday -- all in a span of just two hours.
One of the victims was a 60-year old man who was murdered at Victory Park Monday night. Police say he was targeted for his gold-chain.
More than 170 similar robberies have been reported in Stockton this year, and some of the victims have been children.
Most of the crimes involve the suspects running up to the victims and yanking off their gold necklaces. But there have been instances of women having their gold-earrings torn off.
stockton, crime, children, california news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 1 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
1 min ago