Increase in Stockton gold jewelry robberies
STOCKTON, Calif. (KGO) -- Stockton police are on the alert after seven people were robbed of gold jewelry Monday -- all in a span of just two hours.
One of the victims was a 60-year old man who was murdered at Victory Park Monday night. Police say he was targeted for his gold-chain.
More than 170 similar robberies have been reported in Stockton this year, and some of the victims have been children.
Most of the crimes involve the suspects running up to the victims and yanking off their gold necklaces. But there have been instances of women having their gold-earrings torn off.
stockton, crime, children, california news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday