LA preps for freeway closure and Carmageddon II
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- Los Angeles is bracing for Carmageddon part two. A 10 mile stretch of Interstate 405 will shut down in both directions tonight so crews can finish demolishing the Mulholland Bridge.
The closures are expected to begin around 7 p.m. and continue until Monday morning. Caltrans is advising commuters to stay away from the western part of Los Angeles this weekend to help avoid a traffic meltdown. A similar shutdown took place last year.
waze, california news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 36 min ago
- Bay Area communities wake up to freezing temps
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday