AMBER Alert for kids from Stanislaus Co. cancelled
STANISLAUS COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- An AMBER Alert issued for two young children missing in Stanislaus County has been cancelled.
The California Highway Patrol issued the alert after a father from the Central California town of Empire allegedly abducted his two young children.
The suspect's vehicle was located by California Highway Patrol in Atwater and 37-year-old Phillip Tumilty was taken into custody.
The children were not harmed or injured.
amber alert, children, crime, california news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake 48 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 32 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency 13 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security 53 min ago
- Police arrest man, 3 teens for attempted home burglary 36 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case