Teacher who moved in with student in court again
MODESTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Celebrity attorney Gloria Allred was in Modesto Tuesday bringing new attention to a case that has already made national headlines.
Allred is representing the alleged victim in the case against 41-year-old James Hooker. He is the former high school teacher who gained national notoriety earlier this year when he left his wife and kids to move in with a former student.
Hooker was in court Tuesday facing felony sex assault charges filed by another former student who claims he assaulted her 14 years ago.
crime, california news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos