Teacher who moved in with student in court again
MODESTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Celebrity attorney Gloria Allred was in Modesto Tuesday bringing new attention to a case that has already made national headlines.
Allred is representing the alleged victim in the case against 41-year-old James Hooker. He is the former high school teacher who gained national notoriety earlier this year when he left his wife and kids to move in with a former student.
Hooker was in court Tuesday facing felony sex assault charges filed by another former student who claims he assaulted her 14 years ago.
crime, california news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 28 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home 14 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body