Teacher who moved in with student in court again
MODESTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Celebrity attorney Gloria Allred was in Modesto Tuesday bringing new attention to a case that has already made national headlines.
Allred is representing the alleged victim in the case against 41-year-old James Hooker. He is the former high school teacher who gained national notoriety earlier this year when he left his wife and kids to move in with a former student.
Hooker was in court Tuesday facing felony sex assault charges filed by another former student who claims he assaulted her 14 years ago.
crime, california news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them 26 min ago
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment 6 min ago
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos