Extreme fire condition warning issued
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- State fire officials are warning residents about extreme fire conditions.
CAL FIRE says fall is when California historically has its largest and most damaging wildfires. And the extra dry conditions this year are raising the potential for disaster.
It's already been a busy season for firefighters. CAL FIRE says it has responded to 5,300-hundred fires this year, about 1,300 more than last year, and 20 percent more than average.
fire, california news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season 4 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules 30 min ago
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching 14 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea 11 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam 47 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos