Police look into Octomom child neglect allegations
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- Police investigated allegations of child neglect at the home of Octomom Nadya Suleman after a caregiver reported the abuse last month, police said on Friday.
Authorities and social services had previously investigated many of the allegations, La Habra police said in a statement.
Suleman - who has been in the media spotlight since giving birth to octuplets after she already had six children - lived in the home in Orange County until recently, when she moved to the Los Angeles County city of Palmdale.
La Habra police would not release other details, and said they have turned over their findings to the Orange County district attorney's office and social services agency.
The district attorney's office in Santa Ana did not immediately return a call for comment. A social services spokeswoman said the agency can't confirm or deny an investigation.
Suleman's manager, Gina Rodriguez, said the claims are not true and come from a woman who became obsessed with the children.
Suleman moved from La Habra two weeks ago in part to avoid this woman, Rodriguez said.
Rodriguez said the woman befriended Suleman shortly after the children were born in 2009 and eventually began stalking Suleman and sending her threatening text messages, demanding to see the children.
"None of the allegations are true," Rodriguez said in an email. "This is a woman who became obsessed with the children and contacted me to help her write a book."
celebrity, child abuse, california news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos