Police look into Octomom child neglect allegations
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- Police investigated allegations of child neglect at the home of Octomom Nadya Suleman after a caregiver reported the abuse last month, police said on Friday.
Authorities and social services had previously investigated many of the allegations, La Habra police said in a statement.
Suleman - who has been in the media spotlight since giving birth to octuplets after she already had six children - lived in the home in Orange County until recently, when she moved to the Los Angeles County city of Palmdale.
La Habra police would not release other details, and said they have turned over their findings to the Orange County district attorney's office and social services agency.
The district attorney's office in Santa Ana did not immediately return a call for comment. A social services spokeswoman said the agency can't confirm or deny an investigation.
Suleman's manager, Gina Rodriguez, said the claims are not true and come from a woman who became obsessed with the children.
Suleman moved from La Habra two weeks ago in part to avoid this woman, Rodriguez said.
Rodriguez said the woman befriended Suleman shortly after the children were born in 2009 and eventually began stalking Suleman and sending her threatening text messages, demanding to see the children.
"None of the allegations are true," Rodriguez said in an email. "This is a woman who became obsessed with the children and contacted me to help her write a book."
celebrity, child abuse, california news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off 5 min ago
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos