Search for missing mother turns into standoff
HOLLISTER, Calif. -- Late Friday night in Hollister, police are in a standoff with a person connected to a missing mother.
Heather Carroll, 25, hasn't been seen since Wednesday morning when she dropped her son off at school. Her car was found burning south of Hollister Thursday morning.
Police went to a house to interview a person for information about Carroll. That interview erupted into a standoff.
Authorities aren't telling us what connection the person has to the missing woman.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Heather Carroll is asked to contact the Hollister Police Department at 636-4331 or 911. Persons wishing to remain anonymous may call WeTIP at (800) 78-CRIME. Information provided to WeTip may result in an award of up to $1,000.
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 55 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 37 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 10 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 10 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 9 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 17 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
37 min ago
- Should you be concerned about living on the...
26 min ago
- 'Science cheerleaders' send experiment into...
31 min ago