Grocery store workers strike around the Bay Area
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Thousands of grocery store workers are on strike today. They're on picket lines at Raley's, Nob Hill and Bel Air markets across the Bay Area in a contract dispute.
The employees' union is objecting to pay freezes and cuts in health benefits. The company that owns the grocery chains says it needs to lower operating costs in order to compete. Replacement workers have been brought in to keep the stores running. There's no word when talks might resume again.
strike, food, california news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire 35 min ago
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420" 54 min ago
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- One killed in boating accident in Redwood City 17 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1 27 min ago
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets 15 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
37 min ago
- Video shows burglar prowling in baby's room
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos