2 die in senior care facility after eating mushrooms
LOOMIS, Calif. -- Two residents of a senior care facility in Placer County have died from eating poison mushrooms. Two other residents and an employee are in the hospital.
On Tuesday, a caregiver picked wild mushrooms growing at the Gold Age Villa Care Home and cooked them as a treat. The mushrooms turned out to be poisonous. An elderly woman died Friday morning and a second person died Friday evening.
The state is investigating, but sheriff's deputies say it appears to have been a tragic mistake.
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Residents near Pittsburg plant told to shelter-in-place 24 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl 53 min ago
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues 7 min ago
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 45 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
39 min ago
- Cold snap causes pipes to burst at Marin...
6 min ago
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather...
53 min ago