UC Davis marks a year since pepper-spraying by police
DAVIS, Calif. (KGO) -- Students at UC Davis are marking the one-year anniversary of a clash between student protesters and campus police that resulted in an infamous pepper-spraying.
The university agreed to a $1 million settlement with 21 students for using excessive force.
The gathering held on Monday at the same area on campus was more peaceful, but some problems that lead to last year's protest still exist.
uc davis, occupy wall street, UC, protest, tuition, oakland, OPD, california news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday