UC Davis marks a year since pepper-spraying by police
DAVIS, Calif. (KGO) -- Students at UC Davis are marking the one-year anniversary of a clash between student protesters and campus police that resulted in an infamous pepper-spraying.
The university agreed to a $1 million settlement with 21 students for using excessive force.
The gathering held on Monday at the same area on campus was more peaceful, but some problems that lead to last year's protest still exist.
uc davis, occupy wall street, UC, protest, tuition, oakland, OPD, california news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos