CHP to hire recruits in January
The California Highway Patrol is hiring new recruits.
The screening process takes up to 18 months and weeds out about 97 percent of applicants.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens between the ages of 20-35 and must be high school graduates, with no felony convictions.
Applicants must also pass physical and psychological evaluations.
CHP, california news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 44 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 55 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 59 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 56 min ago
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 4 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 12 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 26 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 34 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the...
58 min ago