CHP to hire recruits in January
The California Highway Patrol is hiring new recruits.
The screening process takes up to 18 months and weeds out about 97 percent of applicants.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens between the ages of 20-35 and must be high school graduates, with no felony convictions.
Applicants must also pass physical and psychological evaluations.
CHP, california news
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer 45 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos