Flash flood warning issued for Truckee River
TRUCKEE, Calif. (KGO) -- The Truckee River is forecast to overflow its banks near Truckee and Reno beginning early Sunday morning.
Crews in Reno are filling sandbags in an industrial section of Sparks that could be under four feet of water by 7 p.m. Sunday night.
The Truckee River is expected to reach four feet above flood stage from Highway 395 in Reno through Sparks.
The Truckee River is predicted to flood between Squaw Creek and the town of Truckee.
Authorities warn there is potential for major damage to homes, roads and bridges by late Sunday morning.
rain, storm, reno, california news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 37 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
33 min ago