Suspect arrested in Old Sacramento shooting
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Police have a suspect in custody for a New Year's Eve shooting at a bar in the Old Sacramento area that killed two people.
Authorities say the 22-year-old was among three people wounded Monday evening. His injuries and those to a security guard and a woman are not life threatening.
Police say it started as an argument inside the bar and escalated. When an employee tried to break it up, he was shot, as were the woman and another man.
That man and the employee died at the scene.
Authorities say the armed guard heard the gunshots and got into a gunfight with the suspect and both were wounded.
Afterward, police canceled the midnight fireworks show that was expected to draw as many as 40,000 people.
sacramento, shooting, state
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday