Suspect arrested in Old Sacramento shooting
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Police have a suspect in custody for a New Year's Eve shooting at a bar in the Old Sacramento area that killed two people.
Authorities say the 22-year-old was among three people wounded Monday evening. His injuries and those to a security guard and a woman are not life threatening.
Police say it started as an argument inside the bar and escalated. When an employee tried to break it up, he was shot, as were the woman and another man.
That man and the employee died at the scene.
Authorities say the armed guard heard the gunshots and got into a gunfight with the suspect and both were wounded.
Afterward, police canceled the midnight fireworks show that was expected to draw as many as 40,000 people.
sacramento, shooting, state
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in SF near Stern Grove 5 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 4 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos