Woman seeking to save buck stuck in barbed wire
EL DORADO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A woman in the Sierra Foothills east of Sacramento is desperately trying to save a deer that got stuck in a barbed wire fence.
Melody Lane discovered a big buck with its antlers caught in a blue tarp and barbed wire on her 10 acre property. She says she has made calls to try and get help for the animal, but no agency has agreed to come.
Sheriff's deputies say they are not trained to rescue an animal this large so they could only remove it by putting it down.
"We do not want this deer destroyed, we want it rescued," Lane said. "He's a beautiful trophy buck."
Lane says the buck has a mate and they have produced several fawns over the years. She's hoping someone will step up and save its life.
sacramento, animal, animals in peril, rescue, california news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 5 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire