CPUC reaches milestone of solar installed homes
New figures released on Thursday show more and more Californians are embracing solar power.
The California Solar Initiative has reached a milestone of a thousand megawatts of installed power, enough to power 100,000 homes and businesses and avoid building two power plants.
The state's CSI program offers rebates for the installation of solar systems.
It has a budget of $2.4 billion over ten years with a goal of reaching 1900 megawatts of installed power by 2017.
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela 1 min ago
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Bank robbery suspect shot in San Rafael 20 min ago
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday