Davis company develops 'Skycar'
DAVIS, Calif. (KGO) -- It may seem like science fiction, but flying cars will soon become reality.
A Davis company has developed what it calls the "Skycar" and now, Moller International has enough financial backers to get production rolling.
The Skycar 200 is designed for low flight and can be driven on a street.
It's classified as light sports aviation, so you don't need a pilot's license to drive it.
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service 48 min ago
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter...
48 min ago