Davis company develops 'Skycar'
DAVIS, Calif. (KGO) -- It may seem like science fiction, but flying cars will soon become reality.
A Davis company has developed what it calls the "Skycar" and now, Moller International has enough financial backers to get production rolling.
The Skycar 200 is designed for low flight and can be driven on a street.
It's classified as light sports aviation, so you don't need a pilot's license to drive it.
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 9 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire