Two Stockton teens killed after high-speed pursuit
STOCKTON, Calif. (KGO) -- In Stockton, the mother of a 15-year-old killed in a high speed chase with police describes her son as a good kid who was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Martell Aepeda was riding passenger in a car that crashed into a Stockton music store early Saturday morning, killing him and the 13-year-old driver.
Stockton police say alcohol was not a factor, but the Honda was reported stolen days before the crash.
Martell's mother Eleatha Bennett says she wasn't fond of her son's relationship with the 13-year-old, but she is not pointing fingers.
"It was just an accident, I don't blame nobody, it was just an accident," Bennett said.
Authorities say the stolen car lost control and crashed after the 13-year-old tried to outrun officers.
stockton, CHP, children, crash, police chase, crime, california news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos