Two Stockton teens killed after high-speed pursuit
STOCKTON, Calif. (KGO) -- In Stockton, the mother of a 15-year-old killed in a high speed chase with police describes her son as a good kid who was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Martell Aepeda was riding passenger in a car that crashed into a Stockton music store early Saturday morning, killing him and the 13-year-old driver.
Stockton police say alcohol was not a factor, but the Honda was reported stolen days before the crash.
Martell's mother Eleatha Bennett says she wasn't fond of her son's relationship with the 13-year-old, but she is not pointing fingers.
"It was just an accident, I don't blame nobody, it was just an accident," Bennett said.
Authorities say the stolen car lost control and crashed after the 13-year-old tried to outrun officers.
stockton, CHP, children, crash, police chase, crime, california news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 26 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos