Man held in slaying of 10-month-old girl
A man who was being sought in connection with the disappearance of a 10-month-old Castroville girl has been arrested and booked into Monterey County jail on suspicion of murder.
Jesus Vargas Espinoza, 47, was booked into jail in Salinas at 12:35 p.m. today. He was also booked on charges of child endangerment and child stealing, a jail employee said.
Deputies had been searching for Espinoza and the infant, Angelle Jenisis Negron.
Monterey County Sheriff Scott Miller is holding a news conference about the case at 2 p.m. today at the sheriff's office on Natividad Road in Salinas.
crime, child abduction, child death, california news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 58 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos