Man held in slaying of 10-month-old girl
A man who was being sought in connection with the disappearance of a 10-month-old Castroville girl has been arrested and booked into Monterey County jail on suspicion of murder.
Jesus Vargas Espinoza, 47, was booked into jail in Salinas at 12:35 p.m. today. He was also booked on charges of child endangerment and child stealing, a jail employee said.
Deputies had been searching for Espinoza and the infant, Angelle Jenisis Negron.
Monterey County Sheriff Scott Miller is holding a news conference about the case at 2 p.m. today at the sheriff's office on Natividad Road in Salinas.
crime, child abduction, child death, california news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect in Hawaii 1 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos