Amgen Tour of California is recruiting volunteers
The Amgen Tour of California, America's largest cycling event, is looking for volunteers in Northern California. The Amgen Tour is an 8-stage race beginning in Southern California on May 12 and finishing a week later in Santa Rosa.
It's the frst time in the 8-year history of the tour that the race will run south to north. Organizers are recruiting 5,000 volunteers state-wide to assist along the 750-mile course.
Volunteers can register by going to the Amgen Tour of California website.
santa rosa, northern california, southern california, bikes, california news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF 28 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student 13 min ago
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos