West Sacramento cop facing sexual assault charges
A Sacramento police officer is facing charges tonight sexual assault and kidnapping. Investigators believe West Sacramento Police Officer Sergio Alvarez attacked six women and there may be more victims.
The police chief says it's believed the officer committed the crimes while on duty and used his position to stop and assault the victims.
"Personally, I'm appalled and sickened that someone who is put in a position of trust would violate that trust in such an egregious and despicable manner," Police Chief Dan Drummond said.
Another officer reported the alleged crimes.
Alvarez was placed on administrative leave and booked into the Yolo County Jail.
sacramento, crime, sex crimes, california news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 39 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 41 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting 29 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday