West Sacramento cop facing sexual assault charges
A Sacramento police officer is facing charges tonight sexual assault and kidnapping. Investigators believe West Sacramento Police Officer Sergio Alvarez attacked six women and there may be more victims.
The police chief says it's believed the officer committed the crimes while on duty and used his position to stop and assault the victims.
"Personally, I'm appalled and sickened that someone who is put in a position of trust would violate that trust in such an egregious and despicable manner," Police Chief Dan Drummond said.
Another officer reported the alleged crimes.
Alvarez was placed on administrative leave and booked into the Yolo County Jail.
sacramento, crime, sex crimes, california news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 28 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 23 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 42 min ago
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Perfect Pet: Isabella
56 min ago