Girl writes apology letter after taking sticks from Yosemite
A little girl felt so bad about accidentally taking sticks home from Yosemite that she wrote an apology letter and sent them back.
The girl, named Evie, wrote a letter to the rangers at Yosemite National Park to tell them she accidently took two sticks home with her following a recent visit, and wanted to return them. Evie wrote that she was a junior park ranger and knew better to take the sticks.
One ranger was so impressed he posted a photo of Evie's letter on Reddit, where it went viral.
The rangers decided to take photos of the sticks in various places in the park, and then sent Evie the pictures to find out which spot she liked the best.
yosemite, children, california news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise 19 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body