Woman who was denied CPR wanted to die naturally
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- The family of an 87-year-old woman who died at a Bakersfield nursing home after a nurse refused to perform CPR says the woman wanted to die naturally, and they are satisfied with the care she received.
The death of Lorraine Bayless sparked outrage when the 911 call was released. On the recording, an employee told the dispatcher she wasn't permitted to perform CPR on the dying woman.
The company that operates the home said the employee had misinterpreted its guidelines. That employee is on voluntary leave while officials investigate the case.
central valley, california news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor 30 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
22 min ago